Zane Hilton, Esq.
Senior Associate Attorney
Toll Free: 866-920-1292
Office Phone: 916-927-5574
4600 Northgate Boulevard, Suite 210
Sacramento, California 95834
Zane Hilton is a Senior Associate Attorney and Lead Appellate Counsel for the Bohm Law Group. Mr. Hilton grew up in Avon, Indiana, a suburb of Indianapolis. After graduating from Avon High School in 2008, he moved to New Orleans, Louisiana to attend Tulane University. While at Tulane, his major was Legal, Moral, and Social Philosophy, and he earned his Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, in 2012. In addition to attending Tulane, Hilton was a professional actor, sound engineer and lighting designer. His credits include work in both Regional and off-Broadway theatre.
After undergrad, Mr. Hilton was admitted to Tulane University Law School, where he graduated cum laude in 2015. Hilton was an Articles Editor of the Tulane Law Review, and a member of the American Association of Justice moot court team.
During his first summer of law school, Mr. Hilton was a Summer Associate at the United States Department of Justice, Civil Division (USDOJ) in Washington, DC..
Mr. Hilton first met attorney Lawrance Bohm during a 2014 interview program in New Orleans, where he was selected to be a Summer Law Clerk. He joined the Bohm Law Group in the summer of 2014, and was promoted to the position of Associate Attorney when he was admitted to the California Bar. While working at BLG, Hilton has successfully argued several cases on appeal, including:
- Taswell v. Regents of the University of California (2018) 23 Cal.App.5th 343. Published opinion reversing the grant of summary judgment for whistleblowing employee. The Court held that the university’s internal administrative hearings do not have preclusive effect on later civil action for whistleblower retaliation.
- Albrecht v. Regents of the University of California, (2018) 2018 WL 404481. Reversal of grant of summary judgment for psychiatric nurse who was terminated in retaliation for his protected complaints about patient care.
- Garcia v. Wells Fargo ( 9th Cir. 2018) 738 Fed. Appx. 907. Reversal of grant of summary judgment for employee who was terminated for taking protected leave for her pregnancy.
- Avery v. Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula (2018) 2018 WL 4989641. Reversal of grant of summary judgment for employee whose employer failed to accommodate her disability and terminated her employment
- Barrie v. California Department of Transportation (2019) 2019 WL 1396036 Reversing a trial court remittitur and reinstating a $3 Million jury verdict for a state employee who was harassed and discriminated against because of his disability.
- B.A. Tulane University
- J.D. Tulane University Law School
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court of California, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court of California, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court of California, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court of California, Southern District of California
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- Capital City Trial Lawyers Association (CCTLA)
- Sacramento County Bar Association (SCBA)